5 Christian Parenting Resources from Unlocking the Bible
1. Ten Keys to Effective Parenting comes from the series Unless the Lord Builds the House examines God’s design for a Christian family. Preaching through 2 Timothy 3, Pastor Colin Smith explains ten powerful truths from Scripture that will help you be what every parent wants: effective!Formats Available:
- On CD as part of the series “Unless the Lord Builds the House”
- Free MP3 Download: Ten Keys to Effective Parenting
- YouTube: Ten Keys for Effective Parenting
- The Gospel Shaped Marriage (Ephesians 5:1-33) [YouTube Link]
- Parenting in the Flesh vs. Parenting in the Spirit (Galatians 3:1-9) [YouTube Link]
2. Sermon Series: Godly Character
In an age where gender confusion is not only accepted but encouraged, having a biblical view of manhood and womanhood has never been more important. In this short two-part series, Pastor Colin Smith examines godly manhood and womanhood from a biblical perspective.
God said that David was a man after His own heart, but David committed adultery. Being a man after God’s heart does not mean being perfect. Find out what it does mean and how you can become one.
The Proverbs 31 woman is intimidating to many, but she doesn’t have to be. Find out how she can help you find rest and freedom in a world that holds up stifling or schizophrenic feminine models.Formats Availalble:
- Sermon Series on CD: Godly Character
- Free MP3 Download: Godly Character
- YouTube: Biblical Manhood: Man After God’s Own Heart and Biblical Womanhood: A Woman of Godly Character
Struggle having family devotional time? In The One-Year Unlocking the Bible Devotional the entire Bible story from Genesis-Revelation is formatted into 365 one page devotionals that are easily understandable for young believers and challenging for parents.
The price in the Unlocking the Bible store is only $12.00.
4. Unlocking the Bible Story – 4 Volume Set
The Unlocking the Bible Story 4 book set digs deeper into the story of the entire Bible through the lens of the thread that runs through both the Old and New Testaments: Jesus Christ.
Learn important life and theological truths with your family as you go through the entire Bible story. This 4 book set is unique because it contains deep biblical truths that are accessible to a wide range of people.
Book #1: Genesis–Nehemiah
Book #2: Job–Malachi
Book #3: Matthew–Acts
Book #4: Romans–Revelation
The Bible is the world’s best selling book, but it is long and sometimes difficult to understand. This course will give you a place to start. It’s rather like a high altitude flight over a range of mountains. You’ll see what the ground looks like, and get a good glimpse of the highest peaks.
The whole Bible is one story. It begins in a garden, ends in a city and all the way through it points us to Jesus Christ. The “Keys” will open up the story of the Garden where God introduces Himself, and tells us who we are. We’ll learn about the disaster in the garden and its effects on our lives today. Then we will follow the Old Testament story, discovering how right through human history.
God has been reaching out to men and women, making a way for us to know Him, and inviting us to come. The “Keys” will also open up the story of Jesus, exploring his birth, death and resurrection. We will discover who the Holy Spirit is, and see what God intends the church to be. Then we will take an honest look at the Christian life; the struggle that every Christian experiences, and the power that God makes available to us. Finally, we’ll take a glimpse at the highest peak of all, – the new creation that God has promised when Jesus Christ returns in glory.
This study is available in many formats: a book, audio set, and DVD series. Learn more about 10 Keys for Unlocking the Bible.
Date Posted: October 15th, 2012